Made with just a handful of ingredients, this Chocolate Chia Seed pudding is a perfect healthy summer treat!
Chia seeds are considered as one of the top superfoods. They not only add a unique texture to this pudding, but they are also packed with fiber, Omega 3 and protein.
With the temperatures rising, this creamy, rich and fudgy chocolate chia pudding will keep you cool and knock out your sweet cravings!
- 1. Milk (Regular/ Almond) - 1 cup
- 2. Chia seeds - 1/4 cup
- 3. Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- 4. Instant Coffee powder (optional) - 1 tsp
- 5. Brown Sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mix cocoa powder, brown sugar & coffee powder in a medium sized bowl and give it a good mix until no lumps can be seen. Add chia seeds to this and give it a good mix.
- Pour milk into this mixture and whisk it properly. Cocoa powder has a tendency to form lumps when added into cold milk so you will need to keep whisking for a couple minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then stir again. You may have to do this a couple of times till everything is nicely incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For best results, let it rest overnight.
You can substitute brown sugar with 2-3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup if you like.
Serve chilled with fresh fruits or nuts of your choice.
“A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands” 😉
Does it taste like a real chocolate pudding? Well, regular puddings have butter and cream and what not. So it would be really unfair to compare. But is it delicious? Heck yeah!! Plus it is a much healthier alternative!
What is your favorite way of adding this superfood to your diet? Do let me know in the comments below. I’m always looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say. And if you haven’t tried out Chocolate Chia seed pudding, give it a try – it’s a Bowl full of happiness!
* Inspired from All Recipes
As always, keep on smiling!