The weather has finally started getting a little cooler, and what better way to welcome Fall than by making some delicious, warm and fluffy Apple Pie Oat Pancakes!!
I love using healthy ingredients in recipes whenever I can. These Healthy Apple Pie Pancakes are made from Oats and have no processed sugar. So it’s a clear winner.
They basically taste like Apple Pie – what I mean by it is that they have all the delicious flavors of an apple pie like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves infused in a pancake! So you can go ahead and bite into them without that guilty feeling.
Plus they are made from oats and have no white flour, making it healthier than regular pancakes. And with all the the warm and delicious flavors of an apple pie, they will be gone in no time! So any time you wish to make an apple pie, but do not have the time and/or patience, this recipe will make you happy.
We don’t generally make huge pies at our home. Not because we don’t love them, but because I am someone who can end up eating a whole pie when no one’s looking. So I try and make only those things that won’t make me regret later.
These Healthy Apple Pie Oat Pancakes are made in a blender and within no time, you’ll have a delicious breakfast ready. Just whisk all the ingredients and you are done.
Weekends just got better with these light and fluffy Apple Pie Oat Pancakes!
This recipe is a little similar to my Oats Banana Crepes recipe which was highly appreciated by many of you. It basically uses grated apples instead of bananas and of course some wonderful spices.
The key to making these pancakes is to not keep the heat on a high flame. You want your pancakes to be completely cooked and don’t want them to just brown from the outside but be raw from the inside.
Stack these babies up, drizzle your favorite maple syrup or honey, add a little bit of whipped cream or yogurt or basically whatever your heart desires and just bite into it! Not only will the kids love it, but the adults will love it too!
They are not that sweet but since I added honey & some vanilla yogurt on top, they had that perfect amount of sweetness. You can go ahead and add a little bit of sugar if your heart desires.
Let’s go ahead and get started with these.
- 1. Rolled Oats - 1 cup
- 2. Apple - 1 (You can use any apple of your choice)
- 3. Egg - 1
- 4. Milk - 3/4 cup
- 5. Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- 6. Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
- 7. Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
- 8. Clove powder - 1/2 tsp
- 9. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- 10. Butter/ Oil - for greasing the pan
- Put the oats in a blender and pulse for about 2-3 minutes till it turns in to a fine powder. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg and baking powder in it and again pulse for 2 minutes till it gets combined well. Pour it in a medium sized bowl.
- Peel and grate the apples (You can choose to grate the apple along with the skin as well but I peeled it)
- Add the grated apples to this wet batter and give it a stir.
- Take a non-stick pan/ griddle and lightly grease it. Pour the batter and turn the heat to low-medium (You don't want your pancakes to turn brown quickly without getting cooked fully) After about 1-2 minutes (or once they turn golden brown from below) Flip the pancakes and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stack them up and drizzle you favorite maple syrup or honey. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt of your choice. You can even add caramelized apples on it.
And there you have it! Your delicious and Healthy Apple Pie Oat Pancakes are ready!
This Recipe is Featured on Thriving on Thursday’s by Domesblissity and Meet-up Monday Link Party by Little Miss Dexterous