Don’t you all love it when you have all the ingredients for a healthy recipe lying right in your kitchen pantry? Well, I do and when I came across this super easy recipe, I was thrilled! The other day my sister made these for her kiddo (she is always looking out for healthy recipes for him) and when she told me the recipe, I loved it and decided to share it here with all of you.
This is just a 6 Ingredient recipe ya’all… no butter, no added sugar, no baking, no nonsense!! Dates pack a nutritional punch… and these energy bars are perfect as a mid-afternoon snack or you can even carry it on the go. Just throw them in your bag and you have a snack ready for those sudden hunger cravings. And for those of you who don’t like dates, I’m sure you will enjoy them in this form.
- Dates (pitted)- 4 cups
- Almonds – 1/4th cup
- Walnuts – 1/4th cup
- Cashews – 1/4th cup
- Pistachios – 1/4th cup
- Dried cranberries/ cherries & Raisins – 1/3rd cup
Tip: You can also use trail mix which you may have at your home. Just measure out the ingredients approximately.
- Dry roast all the nuts for a few minutes. This will give a nice toasted flavor to the energy bar. This is a completely optional step.
- Put all the nuts in a food processor and grind it until coarse.
- Now add the pitted dates, raisins and dried cranberries in the food processor and pulse it for a couple of minutes. If you don’t have a food processor, a powerful mixer works just as well. The consistency should be thick and sticky.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Put this combined mixture of dates and dry fruits on it and spread it out evenly. Cut it into squares and you are done! You can even roll them in shredded coconut.
For easy storage, wrap the individual pieces in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container.
I hope you give this a try! Till next time, happy blogging and keep on smiling!