Don’t you all love it when you have all the ingredients for a healthy recipe lying right in your kitchen pantry? Well, I definitely do and when I came across this super easy recipe, I was thrilled!
The other day my sister made these for her kiddo (she is always looking out for healthy recipes for him) and when she told me the recipe, I loved it and decided to share it here with all of you.
This is just a 6 Ingredient recipe ya’all… no butter, no added sugar, no baking, no nonsense!! Dates pack a nutritional punch… and these energy bars are perfect as a mid-afternoon snack or you can even carry it on the go. Just throw them in your bag and you have a snack ready for those sudden hunger cravings.
And for those of you who don’t like dates, I’m sure you will enjoy them in this form.
- Dates (pitted)- 4 cups
- Almonds - 1/4th cup
- Walnuts - 1/4th cup
- Cashews - 1/4th cup
- Pistachios - 1/4th cup
- Dried cranberries/ cherries & Raisins - 1/3rd cup
- Tip: You can also use trail mix which you may have at your home. Just measure out the ingredients approximately.
- Dry roast all the nuts for a few minutes. This will give a nice toasted flavor to the energy bar. This is a completely optional step.
- Put all the nuts in a food processor and grind it until coarse.
- Now add the pitted dates, raisins and dried cranberries in the food processor and pulse it for a couple of minutes. If you don't have a food processor, a powerful mixer works just as well. The consistency should be thick and sticky.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Put this combined mixture of dates and dry fruits on it and spread it out evenly. Cut it into squares and you are done!
- You can even roll them in shredded coconut.
- For easy storage, wrap the individual pieces in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container.
A super-easy recipe that is guilt free as well as vegan. I hope you try out this recipe and enjoy it just the way I did.
If you liked this recipe, please share it so that others can get inspired too!