I received free samples of California Walnuts mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by California Walnuts and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.#WalnutsSweetorSavory
These easy Chocolate Walnut Oat Energy Balls are made with just a handful of ingredients and can be whipped up in no time.
I love making different kinds of energy balls or energy bars at home. They are not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious. And the best part about them is that you know exactly what ingredients are in them – so much better than buying store-bought ones.
These amazingly tasty energy balls have delicious California Walnuts in them – giving them a rich and lovely taste.
A handful of these California Walnuts is a versatile snack and can satisfy any taste preference, from savory to sweet. Regardless of your flavor preference, walnuts are the only nut to provide an excellent source of the plant-based omega-3, ALA (2.5g/oz).
Walnuts have always been one of my favorite nuts – whether its a sweet or savory dish, they add a nice crunch as well as texture and can take a dish to the next level.
These Chocolate Walnut Oat Energy Balls are great when hunger strikes at unexpected hours of the day. Instead of binging on chips or something junk, these are perfect to satisfy your cravings.
All you need are a few ingredients as shown below and about 10 minutes and these decadent energy balls will be ready to devour.
So let’s get started with the recipe –
Chocolate Walnut Oat Energy Balls
- Oats Powder - 1 1/2 cup
- Walnut Powder (I used California Nuts) - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Melted Butter/ Coconut Oil - 4 tbsp
- Dry roast the oats and give it a quick pulse in your mixer and make it into a powder.
- Dry roast the walnuts (make sure you don't burn it) for about 4-5 minutes
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the melted butter to the mixture.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients properly and then start forming balls. if you find the mixture to be too crumbly, then add a a tbsp of more melted butter or coconut oil and then form balls.
- For a final touch, roll them in shredded coconut or you can enjoy them as is.
You can reduce or increase the quantity of sugar as per your taste and preference. You may even skip the cocoa powder as these energy balls taste great even without the cocoa powder.
See how easy this recipe was? I hope you give it a try as well. And if you have not yet tried California Walnuts, you should definitely give them a try!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others!
- Chocolate Almond Butter Oat Energy Balls
- 3-Ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Healthy No-Bake Date Energy Bars