These Healthy Wraps filled with chicken, greek yogurt and greens are not only delicious but will also keep you full for a long time!
I try and incorporate healthy dishes at home whenever I can. When it comes to wraps, there are so many recipes out there that you can easily get overwhelmed by it.
Recently I tried making these super-easy, filling and delicious wrap recipe with greek yogurt in it. By keeping the base of the filling the same, you can switch it up with chicken, turkey or even tofu or mushrooms for that matter, if you want to go meatless! They are perfect for work or for school.
Now you will say – “Hey! I will just buy a pre-made wrap from the store. I don’t want to take the pain of making my own wrap.” But let me tell you, they take very less time to prepare and plus you can make more wraps in the amount you are going to spend on one single wrap. And you know all your ingredients are fresh! So I say, why not? Let’s get started, shall we?
- 1. Tortilla wraps (preferably whole wheat or spinach) - 2
- 2. Greek Yogurt - 4 heaping tbsp
- 3. Salad greens of your choice (I used Baby romaine and spinach) - 2 cups
- 4. Onion - 1/2
- 5. Slivered almonds & chopped walnuts - 1/4th cup
- 6. Chicken/ Turkey - 1/2 lb.
- 7. Honey - for drizzling
- 8. Salt and pepper as per taste
- Roughly chop your salad greens. Thinly slice the onion. Take a bowl and put your salad greens, chopped onion, slivered almonds, walnuts and put greek yogurt in it. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper and keep it aside.
- Cut the chicken/ turkey in small bite size pieces. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. You can even add a little bit of red chili powder for a little added heat.
- Take a grill pan or regular pan and lightly brush it with oil. Place the chicken on it and cook it for about 8-10 minutes or till it is fully cooked. Place it on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. (You can even consider using boiled chicken for an even healthier version.)
- Heat the tortilla and place it on a dish. Take the yogurt and greens filling and spread it evenly in the center of the tortilla. Place chicken generously on it. Drizzle a little bit of honey for a little bit of sweetness. Wrap the tortilla from two ends and then holding tightly, wrap it again from the other two ends (I feel this method works best for me)
- Cut it in half and serve!
The best part about this recipe is you can add any fillings of your choice. The almonds & walnuts give an added crunch but you can totally skip them if you don’t like them or are allergic to nuts. This has been my go-to recipe lately as it is super easy and fast! Give it a try… I’m sure you will love it!
Until next time, happy blogging & keep on smiling!