Hi all you lovely people…it’s been a while since I posted a recipe. But that does not mean I have not been cooking 😀 So without giving any excuses, here I am with a lovely and healthy recipe for crepes!
I remember the few times I have had brunch at IHOP or similar places, all the delicious goodness just stays with you forever. But you know, eating out is not something that I prefer to do always. I mean you gotta remain health as well as money conscious right? This healthy crepes recipe is easy on the money as well as has lesser calories than the regular crepes.
They are just perfect when you want to have something light yet fulfilling. This recipe replaces the all purpose flour with oats and let me tell you… you won’t even realize it! So just bite into these soft crepes and feel like a kid again! Let’s get started –
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 banana
- 3/4th cup milk
- Honey/ Peanut butter/ Nutella/ chopped almond (as per your liking)
- Put the oats in your blender and grind it into a fine powder. If you have powdered oats, that works too.
- After the oats turn into a fine powder, add the egg, banana and milk in the blender and blend it. The batter should turn into a nice mixture and the consistency should be smooth and not too thick
- Heat a lightly oiled non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Pour the batter onto the pan, using around 1/4 cup for each crepe. With a circular motion, tilt the pan so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes. Once the bottom is golden brown, flip it. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot in any of the following three ways -
- Thinly slice the remaining banana, place them inside the crepes and fold it. Drizzle with honey and you are done. OR
- Apply peanut butter to one side of the crepe and fold it. Put chopped bananas or berries on top of the crepe and serve. OR
- If you are feeling a little indulgent, apply little bit of Nutella to one side, put a few chopped almonds and fold the crepe. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on top and your delicious crepes are ready!
And there you go..! I bet once you make this recipe, you won’t go back to making the regular crepes.
P.S. I came across this recipe on the Blogilates channel on Youtube and tweaked it a little as per my liking. Here is the original recipe.
If you want to know more easy, delicious as well as healthy recipes, subscribe to my blog via email and you will be notified whenever any new post is published!