As the weather warms up, this Tropical Pineapple Smoothie is all you need for an instant refreshing energy boost.
One of the best parts about the warmer weather is being able to eat fresh fruits. So the other day, when I was in the grocery store, I saw these humongous pineapples (okay, not humongous, but they were pretty big. You get the point right?) And they were just $2.99 each. Surely I couldn’t pass this sweet deal. Especially not when fresh fruits are in season.
But we’re just 2 people at our home and sometimes we can’t really finish an entire pineapple without it going bad.
So instead of trying to finish the whole pineapple within a few days, I like to put some pineapple chunks in a Ziploc bag and freeze them. This way I can make a fresh pineapple smoothie whenever I wish to! No need to get those store bought cans of fruits.
This Tropical Pineapple Smoothie is filled with the goodness of Pineapples, a few orange & banana slices as well as coconut milk for that extra tropical punch.
Here’s how I made it –
- Frozen Pineapple chunks - 1 cup
- Frozen Banana slices - 1/4 cup
- Frozen Orange slices (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
- Add ice cubes for extra creaminess
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until everything is mixed properly. You can add ice cubes for extra creaminess.
- Notes: Feel free to add more coconut milk if you'd like. If you don't have coconut milk, you can even add orange juice.
Tip: Freeze your fruits in individual portions in a Ziploc bag. This way, whenever you feel like making a smoothie, you won’t have to cut your fruits every time. Just grab them from the freezer and start blending away!
What are some of your favorite summer smoothies? I would love to try them out!
Pin for Later –
If you liked this recipe, do give it a try and share it so that others can get inspired too.