What is better than fried chicken nuggets? Duh. Baked chicken nuggets of course!? And when it is drizzled with a lovely honey-garlic sauce, it makes for an even better and lip-smacking dish! I’m always up for recipes that call for baking instead of deep frying. This recipe is not only full of flavor but will also make you feel guilt-free while eating since the chicken nuggets are baked!
These babies are a perfect appetizer to make you and your guests happy!
So without rambling too much, let’s get started with yet another super-simple recipe.
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 1.5 lb
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Parmesan Cheese (optional) - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper (as per taste)
- Sesame seeds (to garnish - optional)
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Minced Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Place aluminum foil on a baking tray and brush/ spray a little oil on it. Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces. Drizzle oil on it and mix it well.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper and stir it well. Coat all the chicken pieces with this breadcrumb mixture and place them evenly on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce and minced garlic in a small pot or saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn the heat to low and stir it for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle it over the chicken nuggets and toss so that the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Put sesame seeds on top if desired.
Of course, the sauce is completely optional and the chicken nuggets taste just as good with any other dipping sauce of your choice. Hope ya’all liked this super-easy baked recipe of chicken nuggets. For me, I’m definitely not going back to the fried version anymore!
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we did!
If you liked this recipe, I would love it if you shared it and subscribed to my blog via email! Until next time, happy baking & keep on smiling!
Recipe adapted from Foodbeast