I’m the kind of person who is very picky when it comes to selecting the type of cereal I like to eat in the morning. I generally like the Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. While that is a staple in our home, sometimes my hubby likes to get different cereal just to have a little variety.
Around a while back, we got raisin bran corn flakes – it was one of those impromptu decisions you take when you are at the grocery store and it so happened that we ended up not liking it too much.
Since we don’t like wasting food, I thought of browsing Pinterest to get some inspiration for what I could do with this box of cereal that no one was eating. And that’s when I came across several fun cereal bar recipes.
For this recipe, all I did was mix the cereal with scoops of peanut butter and a little bit of honey and then formed them into small bars.
I first made a small batch as I wasn’t quite sure whether I’ll like it. But they turned out awesome. So much so that, I ended up finishing 4 bars within 2 days.
The next day I decided to make a bigger batch of the remaining cereal and now I’m happily munching on them. I was pretty excited with the results and wanted to share it with all of you. Best of all, they are no-bake!
So here’s how you make these Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars –
- 1. Corn flakes/ Raisin Bran Flakes/ Any cereal of your choice - 4 cups
- 2. Peanut Butter - 1 cup
- 3. Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup (optional)
- 4. Honey - 1/3 cup
- 5. Coconut Flakes - for garnish
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray some cooking oil on it.
- Combine the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and heat for about 1 to 2 minutes stirring in between if required.
- Pour over cereal and add honey. Mix the cereal well and then press the mixture firmly in the pan. Garnish with grated coconut.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to 1 hour until they are firm enough to be cut. Cut into bars and store at room temperature.
This recipe will go great with any type of cereal that you may have. You can use any nut butter that you may like and even add things like raisins, nuts etc. It is crunchy as well as chewy and a great after-school or after-work snack. Wrap it in a foil and throw it in your bag – you have a snack ready just like the No-bake Date bar I made a while back.
Do you have any fun No-Bake treats that you absolutely love? Let me know! I’ll love trying them out.
Until next time, happy blogging & keep on smiling!