What is the best part about making Homemade Granola? Not only is it healthier than the store-bought ones but it also makes your house smell soooo amazingly good! Just like when you bake some of those heavenly cookies… but the difference is – you won’t feel guilty when making granola! 😉
Granola is such a versatile snack – you can sprinkle some on your oats, have it with your yogurt or even eat it just as it is by the handfuls.
While homemade granola is indeed healthy, it can be a little time-consuming. Now, that would be fine on a long lazy day, but did you know that it can be made much more quickly on your stovetop? Perfect for those days when you just can’t wait to have some! It turns out just as delicious and is really quick.
So let’s get started with this super-simple recipe of Homemade Granola –
- 1.Old fashioned oats - 3 cups
- 2. Coconut oil/ Butter/ Oil - 1/4 cup
- 3. Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- 4. Honey/ Maple syrup - 2 tbsp
- 5. Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- 6. Almonds (chopped or whole) - 1 cup (approx)
- 7. Dried cherries/ cranberries - 1/2 cup
- 8. Coconut flakes - 1/3 cup (optional)
- In a large, non-stick skillet, put the coconut oil/ butter. Once it melts, add the brown sugar. When it turns slightly bubbly, add the oats, cinnamon, honey & almonds. Keep stirring on medium heat for around 10 minutes till the oats are golden brown.
- Remove the oats from the pan and place it on a tray to cool it. I like to line my tray with a parchment paper. Add the dried cranberries, cherries & coconut flakes and give it a mix. Place it in an air-tight container once it cools down.
And that is how I made the easiest recipe ever! 🙂 I’m currently munching on it as I’m writing this post and just can’t get enough of it.
Frankly, I feel there are no rules when it comes to making granola – you can basically add any nuts or dried fruits that you like – heck, you can even add chocolate chips for that matter if you want to be a little indulgent 😉 So go on, give it a try – I’m sure you will love it just as much as I did!
If you enjoyed this recipe just, please share it on your favorite social media platform and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog via email.
Recipe adapted from ‘Clean & Delicious’