With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, these no-bake cocoa truffles will surely light up your loved one’s day!
These little no-bake treats are perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s day. And hey, even if you don’t really celebrate Valentine’s (because let’s be real, not many of us do over the top things for Valentine’s day), you can still make these for yourself.
I mean do you really need any special occasion to enjoy a chocolaty treat??
Homemade treats have a charm of their own and when packaged in cute little treat boxes or gift baggies, they always look so much more personal and thoughtful!
No-bake treats are always so much easy and fun to make. As always, this recipe is super simple. All you need is some heavy cream, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, a dash of vanilla extract aaaannnd a little bit of patience (as it sets in the refrigerator!)
I dusted my truffles in Cocoa powder and added sprinkles to a few of them just to give that festive Valentine’s look to them. But to be honest, the ones covered in the cocoa powder were my favorite.
The only thing I would warn you about them is that you WILL get tempted to try them as soon as you make them. And there’s a high chance that you might end up eating a couple of them and not want to share them. True story 😀
To make these truffles extra rich and heavenly tasting, its crucial to use a great quality cocoa powder. I’ve used Rodelle’s Gourmet Cocoa Baking Powder to achieve that.
Their cocoa powder is European Dutch-processed and gives a rich flavor to your dishes. I have used it in this amazing chocolate pecan pie and ever since then, I’m in love with it.
I have also used their Pure Vanilla Extract that is made from pure natural hand-selected vanilla bean. Makes these truffles all the more richer and delicious.
Here’s how you can make these too –
- Heavy Cream - 1/2 cup
- Dark Chocolate Chips - 1 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp + approx 1/3 cup for dusting the truffles
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1 tbsp
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Heat the heavy cream on medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, switch off the heat and add the dark chocolate chips and cocoa powder in it. Let it sit for about 2 minutes and then stir it with a spatula and mix it until everything gets incorporated in it.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on a plastic wrap and roll the plastic wrap around it (the shape is not really important at this point) You can also pour the mixture in a loaf pan. Refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours. (I kept it overnight)
- Once the mixture solidifies completely, remove it from the fridge. If you have wrapped this in plastic wrap, use a knife to cut into 1/2 inch pieces. If using a baking pan, use an ice cream scoop to remove.
- Roll them and form balls with your hands. Dip them into coca powder for an extra decadent taste. You can also mix and match and add sprinkles to a few truffles.
- You can keep these both in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Make sure the mixture has solidified before shaping these into truffles. Otherwise it can get messy and the truffles wont be shaped into perfect balls.
You can use semi sweet chocolate chips if you like. But I prefer dark chocolate chips for these truffles.
If you liked reading this delicious post, please share it with others – Pin it, tweet it, stumble it, or share it on Facebook.
You can also follow us on –