Tender chicken pieces in a creamy homemade sauce tossed in Gluten-Free Organic Quinoa pasta and flavored with Cajun seasoning.
I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and loved ones.
Now that Christmas is approaching soon, I am sharing a delicious pasta recipe that is warm and creamy and perfect to make on chilly days.
I love using cajun seasoning in my recipes. There’s something about it that elevates a dish and takes it to the next level. This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta requires approximately 25 to 30 minutes to make and you have a warm and delicious meal that you and your family will fall in love with.
If you know me, I’m always up for trying out food with healthy ingredients whenever I can. So you can imagine my excitement when I came across Tresomega Pasta which is made from Quinoa and is Gluten-free, corn-free, and certified organic!
Honestly, it feels just like you’re eating regular pasta; so that alone was a winner for me!
This dish is one of those comfort recipes that you can make on a cold day – it’s easy and quick but the best part about it is – no one will even come to know that the pasta is made from Quinoa!
In this recipe, I also used Tresomega Virgin Coconut Oil to saute my chicken. I often use coconut oil in my recipes like curries but when my husband came to know that I’m going to be using it in to make pasta, he was a bit apprehensive about it.
To my delight, he completely forgot about the fact that it has coconut oil when he tasted it later. So if you’re someone who’s not a huge fan of the aroma of coconut oil, you will love the Tresomega Coconut oil as it does not make dishes too overpowering of its aroma.
I started off with sauteeing garlic and chicken in coconut oil with some Cajun seasoning. At the same time, I also kept my water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once the chicken was cooked, I added cream to it and then added the penne pasta, parmesan cheese and parsley, and my pasta was done!
And just like that, you have a warm and creamy bowl of deliciousness that is ready for you to devour!
- Penne Pasta - 2 cups (I used Tresomega Quinoa pasta)
- Chicken Breast (thinly sliced) - 1 lb.
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves chopped
- Cajun seasoning - 1-2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 Tbsp (I used Tresomega Virgin Coconut Oil)
- Cream - 1 cup
- Parsley - for garnishing
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Bring water that has been salted to a boil and add pasta to it. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the pasta becomes al-dente. (Or follow the instructions on your packaging) Drain properly.
- Cut chicken breast in bite size pieces.
- Add oil in a skillet and add chopped garlic cloves. Keep the heat on medium.
- After about 30-40 seconds, add chicken pieces, cajun seasoning and salt and saute it properly.
- After about 15 minutes or once the chicken gets cooked, add heavy cream to it and let it come to a boil.
- Add your pasta, chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese to it and mix it properly till the cheese gets melted. (You can also add mozarella cheese if you'd prefer)
You can adjust the amount of cajun seasoning as per your taste. If you have leftovers, you can heat it up by adding more cream if desired to bring it back to its creamy texture.
I hope you give this recipe a try. As for me, I have already stocked up on this healthier version of pasta in my pantry to make delicious dishes like these.
You can purchase their products at: Tresomega.com, Sams.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com
Have you tried out Quinoa Pasta in the past? Did you like it? I would love to know!
Pin for Later –