This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HatfieldEaster #CollectiveBias
These delicious and easy cheesy Hatfield Bacon Bombs are the perfect side dish for your Easter meals!
Can you guys believe Easter is just around the corner? Seriously though, I can’t wait for the warmer weather because I can use some real sunshine right now.
Now I know that ham is almost always the star during Easter and is the centerpiece at most family meals. But what about the side dishes? Surely you can’t forget them, right? Speaking about side dishes, bacon can be a great way to add some jazz to your Easter meals.
These easy and cheesy Hatfield Bacon Bombs are so good, cheesy and just out-of-this-world amazing. True story – I had to actually stop myself from devouring the entire plate – they are just that addicting.
This could be a perfect side dish for your Easter brunch or dinner. Something that I’m sure both the adults and kids will enjoy. I mean, who doesn’t like cheese and who doesn’t like bacon? And when they are combined together, you get a mouthwatering dish that will disappear in minutes!
For this recipe, I used Hatfield Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon which gives a lovely crunch and a smoky flavor to this dish.
I have been using Hatfield products for a long time now because I really like the fact they believe in delivering high-quality food to their customers. Hatfield is family owned, American made and committed to sustaining American family farms. Hatfield Pork is Pork With a Pledge, which means it is ethically raised, no hormones or steroids added and raised without growth promotants.
I got my Hatfield Bacon from my local ACME but you can get them at various retailers. Click here to see which retailer in your area carries their products.
For this recipe, all you need are three ingredients and you are pretty much set.
Divide the biscuit dough in half, stuff some mozzarella cheese in it and roll it into a ball. Wrap the Hatfield bacon around it and secure it with a skewer. Now all you need to do is fry these babies up and your bacon bombs are ready! See? Told you it was easy!
- Hatfield Bacon - 8 strips (I used Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon)
- Store bought biscuit dough - 1 packet (12 oz.)
- Mozzarella cheese - 4 oz.
- Remove the biscuit dough from the packaging and cut each biscuit into half.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into about 1/2 inch pieces. Stuff the inside the biscuit dough and roll it into balls.
- Cut the bacon strips into half and wrap it around the cheese stuffed balls and secure it with a skewer. You can even wrap the entire bacon strip around the biscuit dough but working with a half strip is much easier as the biscuit has a better chance to expand while getting cooked.
- Deep fry them in 350°F oil for about 3-5 minutes or until the bacon and biscuit is fully cooked. You can dip them in the hot oil with the skewers attached so that the bacon won't unwrap itself while it's getting cooked.
Important Tip: 1. Deep frying method works best for this dish as shallow frying takes a longer time and can cause the mozzarella cheese to ooze out of the biscuit dough while it's getting fried.
2.Fry one or two at a time as the biscuit tends to expand and you want enough space in your pan for it do so.