This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IndulgenceDoneRight #CollectiveBias
As the weather gets chillier, indulge in this deliciously creamy and heavenly tasting S’mores Hot Chocolate. An easy yet rich recipe which will be loved by everyone in your family.
Growing up I think I used to give my mom such a hard time to drink milk that the only way she could get me to having milk was if she added cocoa powder to it and made it into hot chocolate. How I wish I could relive those days again!
But seriously who doesn’t love a steaming cup of hot chocolate milk on chilly days? I have yet to come across someone who doesn’t like it.
Speaking of my love for hot chocolate, I also love campfires and I love s’mores. There’s something about biting into those fire-roasted marshmallows sandwiched with a piece of chocolate in a graham cracker that is just so sinfully delightful.
So how about combining both of them and making the ultimate creamy S’mores Hot Chocolate?
For this S’mores Hot chocolate, instead of just using regular milk, I used Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half to give it a delicious creamy touch to it.
The crushed graham cracker rim and the roasted marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate, with an extra drizzle of chocolate syrup, gives an extra festive touch to this recipe. A perfect recipe that you can enjoy as the weather gets chillier!
Make one for yourself or serve it to your family and friends during the Holidays. I guarantee everyone will just dive in for it. I personally love to cuddle up with this S’mores Hot Chocolate while watching a late night movie on a Fall chilly night or during the Holidays.
This super easy and indulgent recipe will leave you craving for more. To give my Hot Chocolate an extra rich and extra creamy texture, I used the new Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. It has the simple goodness of Half & Half made with an extra-rich blend of real milk and cream. Indulgence done right!
Here are the detailed steps –
Crush graham crackers – use a food processor or place them in a ziplock bag and roll a rolling pin over it to crush them.
Put chocolate syrup in a dish and dip the rim of your mug or cup in it. You can lick the rest of the chocolate syrup (when no one’s watching. Go ahead, this is a no judgment zone 😀 )
Then dip the rim of your mug into the graham cracker crumbs so that they will stick to the edges
Heat milk and Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half in a saucepan. Once you start seeing steam come from it, add chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips as they are already pretty sweet) and stir the mixture till they melt properly.
Pour your creamy hot chocolate which has the Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half in your graham cracker rimmed mugs.
Top it with marshmallows. Use a kitchen blowtorch to slightly roast them. If you don’t have a blowtorch, use skewers and toast the marshmallows on your stove.
Add a little bit of graham cracker crumbs on top. And because you can never have enough chocolate, drizzle chocolate syrup on top for an extra touch of deliciousness. Your rich and creamy S’mores Hot Chocolate is done!
Doesn’t it look absolutely fabulous and tempting?? Now that Fall has begun, I hope you give this a try on a chilly day. Or better yet, make it for your friends and family during the Holidays! It’s a sure shot crowd pleaser.
- Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half - 2 cups
- Whole Milk - 1 1/2 cup
- Milk Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Graham crackers - 3 (crushed)
- Mini Marshmallows - 1 cup
- Chocolate syrup - about 2 tbsp
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Put some chocolate syrup on a dish and dip your mug's rims in it. Then dip it in the graham cracker crumbs. This will help them to stick to your mug's rims.
- Add Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half and Milk in a saucepan and heat it. Once you start seeing steam come from it, add your chocolate chips in it. (You can even add instant hot cocoa mix in it if you do not have chocolate chips)
- Stir the mixture with a whisk until all the chocolate chips have properly melted. Pour your hot chocolate milk in the graham cracker rimmed mugs.
- Add marshmallows and lightly roast them using a kitchen blowtorch. If you do not have one, you can put it on skewers and roast it on the stove and then add it in the hot chocolate milk.
- Top it off with some more crushed graham cracker crumbs and lightly drizzle chocolate syrup on it.
You can adjust the amount of sweetness as per your taste. I do not like beverages to be overly sweet so I have limited the used of chocolate chips. But you can increase the quantity as per your taste.
You can find Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half in Walmart’s Dairy aisle. Apart from making some delicious hot chocolate the way I did, it is perfect for your morning cup of coffee to make it extra rich and creamy.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and impress everyone with this recipe.
Have you tried the New Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half in any of your recipes? If yes, I would love to know your recipe ideas!
If you liked this post, I would love it if you shared it on your favorite social media –
Pin for Later –