So overnight oats has been going around Pinterest and other sites for quite some time and I kept wondering what the hype is all about. I decided to give them a try because who doesn’t like a quick breakfast option?
Now I’m the kind of person who likes to keep breakfast pretty simple. I’m also NOT a lover of oats but was pleasantly surprised when I tasted this. I saw a lot of recipes with too many ingredients and decided to make it with just a few things.
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Milk (Regular/ Almond/ Coconut) – 1 cup
- Peanut Butter – 1 tbsp
- Chia Seeds – 1 tsp
- Honey/ Pure Maple syrup (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and give it a good stir. Add honey or maple syrup if you like your oats to be a little sweet. Put it in an airtight container or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
- That’s it! Your wholesome breakfast is ready in the morning. Have it chilled or heat it up in the microwave if desired and have it warm. I personally prefer to have it chilled as it tastes like dessert!! Top it with any fruits or nuts of your choice.
The best part about Overnight Oats is that the flavor possibilities are endless. You can add anything that your heart desires – you can skip the peanut butter and add greek yogurt, bananas, berries, cinnamon powder, cocoa powder… just about anything. Once, I also added Nutella to it. (Yes sometimes I like to be overindulgent!)
P.S. This recipe calls for Old fashioned oats. However, I read on a few sites that quick cooking oats will also do. The texture might differ a bit. (I haven’t tried with quick oats but just wanted to share what I read.)
This has become my go to breakfast (especially on Mondays) since I don’t have to worry about what to eat in the morning. Do give it a try!