This deliciously spicy and sweet Thai Coconut Curry Veggie Noodle soup is perfect for the cold winter days that lie ahead of us.
Whenever winter approaches, I like to curl up on my favorite reading chair with a book and a steaming bowl of soup. For me, it’s my ultimate way of relaxing and unwinding.
My husband and I both love Thai cuisine and I have tried to incorporate the delicious and aromatic flavors of the Thai Cuisine into this recipe.
The coconut milk gives a rich and creamy flavor to this soup. If you love coconut based broths or curries, you will definitely love this noodle soup recipe!
And if you are someone who loves meatless options, this is a great recipe to try out.
The rich vibrant color is thanks to the Thai Red Curry paste that you can get at almost all retailers. I have also added Tofu to add some protein. For the veggies, I added sugar snap peas, baby corn as well as sprouts that give a great texture and crunch to the soup. But feel free to change the veggies as per your liking.
I have not added any extra sugar to my soup as I feel the coconut milk and the sweetness of the sugar snap peas gave a nice sweet flavor to my soup while the Thai red curry and jalapeno adds a nice spicy kick to it.
For my noodles, I have used JSL Food’s Fortune Udon Noodles which were already pre-cooked so it reduces prep and cook time. All I had to do was pour hot water on them and my noodles were ready to be put in my soup. They are GMO-Free and do not contain MSG which is something I always like to make sure before buying products.
They come in Chicken, Mushroom and Original flavors and for this soup, I used the mushroom flavor.
I began by lightly pan frying my tofu first to make it a little crispy.
Since the Fortune noodles are already prepared, all you have to do is pour hot water on them.
Then saute garlic, ginger along with Thai red curry paste and lemongrass paste. Add your veggies and then add coconut milk. Bring it to a boil and then add your udon noodles as well as tofu.
Garnish it with lime, jalapeno and sprouts and your delicious soup is ready to devour! I’m sure you won’t be able to resist this beautiful bowl of deliciousness!
- Fortune Udon Noodles - 1 package ( 7 oz) - I used Mushroom Flavor
- Coconut milk - 16 oz can
- Thai Red Curry Paste - 2 tbsp
- Sugar Snap Peas - 12-15
- Baby corn - 10-12 cut in half
- Sprouts - 1/2 a cup
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped) - 4-5
- Ginger - 1/2 inch finely chopped
- Lemongrass (fresh or premade paste) - 1 tbsp
- Jalepeno - 1/2 chopped into slices
- Lime - for garnish
- Cilantro - for garnish
- Meanwhile, Prepare noodles as per package instructions - Boil 1 - 2 cups of water and pour them over noodles.
- Cut the tofu in triangular slices and put salt and paprika on it. Put some oil on a medium sized pan and shallow fry the tofu. Fry for about 2 minutes per side or till it becomes golden brown in color and keep it aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, put oil and add garlic and ginger in it and saute it for about 30-45 seconds.
- Add Thai red curry paste and lemongrass paste in it and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and baby corn and saute for 2 more minutes and then add coconut milk as well as 1 cup of water.
- Once it comes to a boil, add noodles along with the seasoning packet that comes with it. Add the tofu in the soup as well.
- Serve hot. Garnish it with sprouts, jalapeno, lime and cilantro.
You can adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more water if you'd like.
I hope you give this delicious recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we did!
Pin for Later –
*This post is part of the Fortune Asian Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge