This Baked Cajun Chicken Drumstick recipe is packed with just the right amount of flavor and will make you drool.
I’m so excited about today’s blog post! Why? Because this recipe involves one of my favorite seasonings of all time! *does a little dance when no one is looking around*
Here’s a little secret of mine – I absolutely love Cajun Fries. I couldn’t stop ordering them from one of my favorite restaurants every other weekend. But then, I realized that it’s not the fries that I’m addicted to but instead the lovely Cajun seasoning *duh silly me*
So recently I made these delicious Baked Cajun Chicken Drumsticks… because you see Cajun seasoning makes everything taste better! They are not only healthy since they are baked but really easy too.
You might even say – This is so simple – why even write about it? But you see, I fell in love with them so much that I couldn’t pass it up. The key is getting the chicken crispy and juicy. Thighs have more fat so you don’t have to worry about them drying out while baking, unlike chicken breasts. And don’t forget the beautiful aroma of the chicken that spreads all over the house while it’s getting baked.
I get my cajun seasoning from the grocery store but for anyone who wants to make it at home, check out this recipe.
- 1. Chicken Drumsticks - 10
- 2. Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- 3. Cajun Seasoning (store bought - I used the one by McCormick) - 3 tbsp
- 4. Red Chili Powder (optional) - 1/2 tbsp
- 5. Salt - as per taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees C.
- Clean the chicken well. Drizzle olive oil over it and rub it properly with Cajun seasoning and salt. Let it marinate for at least an hour.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with foil for easy clean up. Keep the side with the maximum meat facing up. Bake them for 35 - 40 min or until the chicken is fully cooked.
And just like that, your Baked Cajun Chicken Drumsticks are ready!
These are delicious just the way they are or you can even garnish them with a little squeeze of lemon juice or even better – dip it into some ranch dressing. So go ahead and get cookin’ – you know you want some of that deliciousness right now! 😀
What is your favorite recipe that you absolutely love? Let me know in the comments below.
If you guys liked this easy recipe, show a little love and Follow this Blog. Just grab a cup of coffee (or tea?!) and you’ll get notified when new posts are published every week! And if you are on Facebook, do hit that like button so we can connect with each other.