blogging

July Favorites!

July Favorites - Smiling Notes

July has been a whirlwind of a month since all I’m doing is – travel, travel and more travel. I officially feel like a nomad.

Here are some of the things that I have been loving this past month –

1. The fact that I shifted to a self-hosted platform! It has been crazy and I am still kind of behind experimenting with all the plugins but I’m really happy that I finally did it!

To anyone who is contemplating whether to shift to a self-hosted site, I say – go for it! Just be prepared and know what you are getting into. There are tons of blog posts that can guide you through this process. I had come across Andrea’s post on self-hosting and her step-by-step guide really helped me a lot!

2. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my Avocado Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe has been ‘yummed’/ shared on Yummly for over 2000 times! All you guys who share recipes on their blog, Yummly is a great platform  – it has helped me to  drive more traffic to my blog.

3. This Homemade Mango Ice cream is so delicious that I wish I could eat it right now.

4. This ginormous pizza is more than the size of 2 paper plates! Don’t judge me – but when a girl has to have pizza – no one can stop her from having it 😀

Cheese Pizza

5. For anyone who loves travel blogs and looking at splendid photos, Alok’s blog is a must-see. Check it out if you haven’t already.

What have you guys been up to these days? I’m inviting all of you to share your favorite blog posts of July in the comment section below. This will give a chance for me as well as others to check out your blog and help increase networking.

XOXO

Smiling Notes

24 Comments

Lynz Real Cooking

July 31, 2016

wow you have been busy!

smilingnotes

July 31, 2016

Hahaa yes I have lol.. and I see you have been as well 😀 Hope your grandson is all fine, Lynn!

chef mimi

August 1, 2016

I think I need that pizza. Then I can say that I only had one slice! Not that anyone would believe me…

smilingnotes

August 1, 2016

Hahaa I felt so guilty after eating that slice..it’s almost equal to 2.5 slices of a regular large pizza 😜

Tikeetha T

August 1, 2016

I like that you kept the like button for WordPress followers. I hate when people switch to self hosting and get rid of it. I love to like a post and tweet it but may not comment as much.

smilingnotes

August 1, 2016

Thanks a lot Tikeetha.. I have been trying to find out how to get the comment feature when people view the post directly through their WP reader app. but unfortunately I read that it goes away once you switch to self hosting. However I’m still trying to find out if there is a solution for it. I’m glad atleast the like button is still there. Thanks a lot for always being so supportive.

dancingpalmtrees

August 1, 2016

The Pizza looks delicious!! I wanted to share these Lovely Mermaids I encountered on the subway this past June!! Aren’t these Subway Mermaids gorgeous?!

smilingnotes

August 1, 2016

The pizza was truly yum! Thanks a lot for your comment and for sharing your post..checking it out now 😊👍🏼

Ann

August 1, 2016

Congratulations, Shamira! I knew your receipts would be successful, see! Well-done! Your self-hosting platform looks awesome! You are so creative! I am inspired!

smilingnotes

August 1, 2016

Thanks a lot Ann for your words of appreciation. You are so kind.

Shari

August 1, 2016

How wonderful that you are getting to travel a lot this summer, Shamira! I hope you will share some of your experiences with us on your blog when you get back. Appreciate the tips about Yummly. I will have to check it out. I hope the rest of your summer is great!

smilingnotes

August 1, 2016

Thanks a lot, Shari. And yes, you should definitely check out Yummly…it is a great place to discover new recipes as well as to share our own creations. With so many wonderful recipes that you have on your blog, I’m sure you will attract even more traffic! XoXo

Antonio

August 3, 2016

hello June,
    happy holidays! 🙂

Kathryn Griffin

August 3, 2016

OMGosh, that pizza looks soooo good!! Thanks for sharing such a fun post! And, thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Feel free to share this post at my Make it Pretty Monday party which is currently live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/08/make-pretty-monday-week-186.html Hope to see you at the bash! Have a lovely week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

smilingnotes

August 3, 2016

That is really sweet of you, Kathryn! Will definitely link up my posts at your linky party 😘 Thanks once again. XoXo

I need that slice of pizza!

congrats on the recipe 🙂

my july was great, got to spend a beautiful weekend in Maine https://themewlife.wordpress.com/2016/07/30/weekend-in-maine/

smilingnotes

August 7, 2016

Thanks a lot my dear…and thanks a lot for leaving your link as well.. Will check it asap 😊Have a happy Sunday!

Alok Singhal

August 10, 2016

Wow, i didn’t even know you mentioned me here. So happy…thank you 🙂

Glad reading you have been traveling a lot, wish we could have swapped our roles 😛

Congratulations on the mention and so many shares…you deserve it!

ALOZADE

August 21, 2016

Fine posts, beautiful blog .. Congratulations
    Welcome to see my creations:

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear what you think