There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing that you are having a healthy snack or dessert and not just sugary stuff loaded with calories.
These Fun Frozen Yogurt Bites are not only easy to make but will also give you that much-needed energy boost. So give that ice-cream sitting in your freezer a pass and go ahead and make these simple yet scrumptious Froyo Bites loved by adults and kids both!
The reason why I prefer making these once it starts getting warmer is simple – I will admit that there have been days when I have craved for something sweet after a meal so badly that I used to end up eating spoonfuls of Nutella or Ice cream! And then feel guilty after that.
While I still love me some of that heavenly goodness, in order to stop myself from getting all sugar-high, I started looking out for healthier alternatives.
I won’t even call these healthy frozen yogurt bites a ‘recipe’ per se since they are so easy, even a 2-year-old can make them. All you have to do is just throw in your favorite kind of yogurt mixed with dried berries/ fresh fruits or nuts – and freeze them.
You can make them with greek yogurt or fruit yogurt – it’s just a matter of choice. If you are okay with the tartness of the greek yogurt – by all means, go ahead! Or you can sweeten it with honey the way I like to do.
I love the fruit flavored yogurt that you get in stores so I made these bites using them.
- 1.Yogurt - 2 cups (I used Dannon low-fat Peach Yogurt)
- 2. Dried cranberries/ chopped Fruits of your choice (strawberries/ raspberries etc) - 1/2 cup
- 3. Honey (if using plain Greek yogurt) - 4 tbsp
- Mix the yogurt and dried fruits or chopped fruits of your choice in a bowl. If using plain Greek Yogurt, add in honey for a little sweetness. (Since I used peach yogurt, it was already sweet)
- Put this yogurt mixture in silicon molds or muffin liners and freeze them for at least 2 hours.
- Remove them and store them in a plastic freezer bag or in a freezer-safe container.
P.S. I put them in these really cute silicon molds that I got from Ikea (You can practically get them anywhere or you can even put them in fun little Popsicle molds)
Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy. And there you go – you have a snack ready whenever you feel like treating yourself.
This is a totally versatile recipe and you can even add granola or nuts in it. This is a win-win for the entire family. So what are you waiting for? Get started with it. It won’t even take 5 minutes to make this and I’m sure you’ll love it!
If you liked this recipe, please share it with others so they can get inspired too!
I would love to connect with you on
*Recipe inspired from Babble